If you’re an adult with your own home, then you know what a challenge keeping it clean can be. It’s not a lack of desire for a clean home, so much as it’s likely you have trouble finding the time or the energy, visit UpMaids Cleaning Services website. You might not actually be home all that much if you’re working full time and have an active life, especially if there are frequent travel and social aspects to it. Still, wouldn’t it be nice to come home to a place that’s not just clean but pristine?
You might think it’d be easier to keep the place clean if you live with others. Whether it’s a roommate, a romantic partner, or kids, you likely have an expectation of them helping you out with keeping the place tidy, but the simple truth is that the more people are in a residence, the more likely it is to be a mess. There are just more people doing more things, and their own standards of cleanliness might not be anywhere nears what yours are. It gets even worse if the kids are young or careless, and especially if you have pets. They’re fun to have around, but they don’t clean up after themselves.
Using a maid service might be just what you need to keep your sanity intact. Depending on the particular package you choose, you can have either a single maid or multiple professionals come in and clean up your home. You can just go full-service and have them handle everything, or you can choose an a la carte list of specific duties for them to perform. Obviously, this could include but not be limited to sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, emptying trash, washing clothes, drying them, sorting them, folding them, washing dishes, wiping down surfaces, and cleaning plumbing fixtures like toilets, showers, bathtubs, and sinks.
You might have certain rooms or even entire floors you don’t want them going onto or into for privacy reasons, or for a sense of security and personal comfort. That’s perfectly fine. You can even stipulate that they only come when you’re home; they can’t very well get into your home if you don’t give them a key or a code. Most maid services are rather trustworthy though. The industry has been plagued in the past with theft, so modern services usually run extensive background services and are licensed, bonded, and insured. Still, check into any business yourself before doing business with them.
A maid service might seem self-indulgent, but once you look into the prices, you might find it’s far more affordable than you think. If you’re totally overwhelmed with how much clutter and crud is around your home right now, and just can’t find the time or energy to clean it up, then you might want to treat yourself to having professionals come in and give the place a touch-up. Even an hour of their work can turn around the atmosphere in a home.
If you live in a home with family, particularly children and pets, then keeping the place neat and clean can prove anywhere from challenging to impossible. You might want to clear your whole day’s schedule once in a while to just focus on house cleaning, but even if you try that, you might not ever consider your house ‘clean.’ The simple truth is that house cleaning needs to be an ongoing thing. Keep reading to learn 9 ways to make house cleaning more manageable:
1) Write down a list of all the possible chores you can think of: You’re not likely to ever get the list done, but having it to start with means you can just do one or two tasks when you have time. check out the ultimate cleaning checklist.
2) Keep a bucket of emergency cleaning supplies on-hand: Quick response and prevention are keys to a lot of cleaning. Have a bucket full of paper towels and other quick cleaners to use when spills or accidents happen that you can grab and carry around the home.
3) Learn what those who live with you know how to do: Not everyone might have the cleaning skills you have, but if teenagers know how to sweep and vacuum, let them stick to that. Likewise, if your spouse is good at cleaning mirrors and windows but not toilets, don’t ask them to step outside their skillset. Enjoy what you can get.
4) Make people take their shoes off: This might not be a requirement of guests, but if you can get anyone living there to move to barefoot, slippers, or socks, it’ll track so much less into the home.
5) Replace the air filters regularly: You might be shocked how much less lint and dust there will be.
6) Do it early: If you find yourself not eager to clean after you get home, or you don’t want to work up a sweat cleaning something, do it first thing in the morning. Breakfast or your first bathroom time are great times to just spend a minute cleaning a toilet or mirror before you get cleaned up yourself.
7) Spray and pray: Daily shower sprays aren’t always as effective as you might want, but they sure make life easier.
8) Ask everyone to pool together to hire a maid service: If they don’t want to clean, they should help pay for professionals. If they want to save money, they can chip in their own time. Either way, everyone wins.
9) Accept an imbalanced workload: Even when you get others in the home to help you with house cleaning, they might not ever do as much as you do. That’s okay. As long as everyone is contributing to the best of their ability, it’s the participation that helps you out more than anything.
Now that you know these 9 techniques to make house cleaning more manageable, use every one of them that might apply to your home to keep things clean and easy.